Quote from: Lothar
It's not rotting after you shove a beer can up its ass and cook it.
Mmmm.

Political Compass Biden vs. Trump(Read 949 times)
Political Compass Biden vs. Trump on: February 18, 2021, 08:06:29 PM
I recently saw some political compass memes on reddit and went to take the test to see if I ended up someplace else after all of these year. I didn't. I didn't expect I would, but you never know - maybe I was getting more conservative or authoritarian.

However, here was what was interesting to me: https://www.politicalcompass.org/uselection2020 They ended up rating Biden and Trump pretty close together, which fits my own assessment that there's not a ton of daylight between the two.

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #1 on: February 18, 2021, 08:57:12 PM
I THINK THERE IS A BIG GAP!
Biden is from the same camp as the bush's and intends to follow up on what the bush's agenda was during 9/11.

Regardless of party!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2021, 08:57:51 PM by Tru »
Reality; A shared narrative we all agree to believe.

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #2 on: February 18, 2021, 11:32:22 PM
Do you think the agenda shifted with Trump?

Under Trump, more power shifted towards the executive. Congress demonstrated that it was impotent when it came to curtailing anything the executive did. Trump dropped record numbers of bombs and shifted more military functions to mercenaries.

If Trump had any intention or ability to shift the agenda, he'd be dead. But his fundamental inclination (towards authoritarianism) is right in line with Reagan, Clinton, Bush, Obama, and Biden.

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #3 on: February 19, 2021, 12:34:41 AM
Yeah I can see that. I never liked Trump but hoped he would upset the status quo, I guess we never get what we want.

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #4 on: February 19, 2021, 09:59:55 AM
So, he pissed off masses of people, yet, missed the status quo?
I guess he needed 4 more years after all ...
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

Quote from: bagman, 04-29-2002 04:35 PM
Haha I'm gonna get some punani soon ya fucks!

|)__/)
(='.'=) This is the signature bunny. He's hard-fucking-core!
('')_('')

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #5 on: February 19, 2021, 01:26:32 PM
Damn right!

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #6 on: February 19, 2021, 01:54:41 PM
Personally, I think the boat has sailed on changing things and reform. I think the US has peaked and we'll limp along until empire collapses.

I've been re-reading Nemesis by Chalmers Johnson and one of the things that stuck with me is a quote he had that the US makes a lot more sense if you just approach politics like there's been a successful military coup.

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #7 on: February 19, 2021, 06:28:03 PM
I've heard something about that, however, I've never read it ...
Maybe I should ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #8 on: February 19, 2021, 10:00:59 PM
His three book “blowback” trilogy is pretty great. Especially when you read the first book and reflect that he wrote it before 9-11.

Re: Political Compass Biden vs. Trump Reply #9 on: February 20, 2021, 12:26:16 AM
Hmmm ....
BOOYA, MOTHERFUCKER!!!

|)__/)
('')_('')